[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Is jbpm-bpel compatible with jbpm applications?

vineeth.varghese do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Oct 7 14:09:36 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have been using jbpm for quite sometime now. I have even extended jPDL to include a lot of custom constructs basically jbpm enabled user to develop a richer language when the need arises. Cool wf engine you guys have here :)

I need to use the BPEL constructs in my process for a usecase where my process calls an external system and my process has to wait till it is intimated by the external system about the result. BPEL has inbuilt support for this type of interaction so I am looking to use jbpm-bpel and I have tried the examples given along with the jbpm-bpel release. I have a few queries regarding jbpm-bpel :-

1) Can I mix jbpm constructs with BPEL constructs (I am not bothered about interoperability with other wf engines)?. I think we can't do this but I just want some confirmation on this since I can't find any documentation about this?

2) Can I use both jbpm and BPEL processes in the same application (sharing the same db)?. It seems that the bpel constructs are internally converted to jbpm constructs and store is the db.

3) For the usecase that I want, if I can't mix both jbpm and bpel constructs in one process, can I, from a jbpm process, call a bpel subprocess and achieve the same things?

4) I want to use jbpm-bpel in a  tomcat/jetty env and want to know what are the basic infrastructure/dependencies required to run jbpm-bpel. I saw reference to jms in the source code, so I am assuming it needs jms. How do I make it run in a tomcat/jetty env?. Has anyone tried this before?.

Cheerio,
Vineeth.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3976759#3976759

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3976759