[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - XA Transaction for selected EJBs

rameshsr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 8 12:30:39 EDT 2006

Based on various studies, I understand that the use of XA Transaction brings down the performance of database updates compared to the non-XA transaction. In our web application, 90% of the EJBs we have deals with only a single database/resource. Only the remaining 10% of the EJBs does updates into either multiple databases or one database + JMS. Since the use of XA JDBC driver brings down the performance, I would like to know if we could selectively use XA for this 10% of the EJBs only, so that the majority 90% of the EJBs don't suffer the performance bottleneck.

We are using MySql database.

I would appreciate any thoughts in this area.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3976826#3976826

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3976826