[jboss-user] [Advanced Documentation] - Re: dvd app application description

dgbaker do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 8 14:06:04 EDT 2006

I am very new to J2EE and have actually gotten some jboss eclipse tutorials
to work on my Debian Linux box. However I have not been as successful with
DVDStore which is considerably more complex. I have spent many days on this
and had to do lots of reverse engineering with Object Modeling by hand.

I also spent many weekend trying to get JBOSS to talk to mysql and nothing so
I decided to just use the Hibernate database that comes with JBoss.

How do I populate the database using the jmx-console?
I see that the DataLaoder.java code is used to poulate the database will a
small set of table rows but not sure how to execute the code.

I found your note on the Jboss forum and tried to find dvdstore:name=DataLoader MBean
but could not find it in the jmx-console.

I can populate some tables using the HSQL Database Manager via jmx-console but
the Product table will not allow me to insert the following:

INSERT INTO PRODUCTS VALUES(1, ACADEMY ACADEMY, 25.20,'PENELOPE GUINESS',14,1976);
 java.sql.SQLException: Integrity constraint violation - no parent FK2D1C1644C4FA191 table: PRODUCTS

Maybe this has someting to do with foreign key dependency - I'm new to all this.

Here is my eclipse workspace and all the files if it would help
you answer my question.

I can send my eclipse workspace 11K tar ball if
it would help.

Doug
dbak at 1scom.net

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3976834#3976834