[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Newbie Need Help :)

scout1lacno do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Oct 8 20:45:31 EDT 2006

THANKZ VERY MUCH :)

anonymous wrote : The mysql-jdbc2-service.xml appears to be the culprit. As far as i know, this file does not come by default in the JBoss installation. Did your application put in this file at this location?

Yes it came with the default installation of JBOSS-4.0.4.GA on NB 5.5 Beta 2 JBOSS Bundle. I deleted "hssqldb-jdbc2-service.xml" so as not to cause conflict with my MySQL connection

anonymous wrote : Undo this. Place the hsqldb-jdbc2-service.xml back into the jms folder.

I restored the "hsqldb-jdbc2-service.xml" and replace it with "mysql-jdbc2-service.xml". I then restarted the server all is fine except for one error..

--MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM --
  | Object name: jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name =DefaultDS
  |    State: NOTYETINSTALLED
  |    Depends on me:
  |    jboss.ejb:service=EJBTimerService,persistencePolicy-database
  |    jboss.mq:service=StateManager
  |    jboss.mq:service=PersistenceManager

Following the instructions on the link you gave me on http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=SetUpAMysqlDatasource
I just changed the "<jndi-name>MySqlDS</jndi-name>" tags in mysql-ds.xml to  "<jndi-name>DefaultDS</jndi-name>". I then restarted the server and all if fine.. No Long line of errors..

I thank you for all your help.. :).. I hope peopl with similar problems will find this forum.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3976860#3976860

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3976860