[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Embedded EJB3.0 and Tomcat JDNI error

thillerson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 9 14:24:08 EDT 2006

I noticed a release note for RC9
[EJBTHREE-654] - remove hard coding of TransactionManager

I've also noticed that when running an embedded ejb3  app in Tomcat the jndi.properties file is not enough to make an initial context pick up the correct properties, and I need to do this to find anything that embedded ejb3 deployed:

  | Hashtable<String, String> props = new Hashtable<String, String>();
  | props.put("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs", "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
  | props.put("java.naming.factory.initial", "org.jnp.interfaces.LocalOnlyContextFactory");
  | InitialContext ic = new InitialContext(props);

Perhaps there's an issue deep in there when looking up the transaction manager? I'm unsure of how to log this to JIRA... Is this an issue that should be logged to JIRA or am I doing something wrong configuring the JNDI for Tomcat?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977043#3977043

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977043