[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Q about login config

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 10 01:24:47 EDT 2006

anonymous wrote : I do not want to edit the JAVA_HOME java installation files. Is there another way to configure my custom LoginModule for java so that I do not have to physically mess around with the Java configuration. There could be other Java programs, running on the same machine, and I don't want them affected by my login.config setting. Is there another alternative way to configure the custom LoginModule for java?

This can be done programatically as follows:

System.setProperty("java.security.auth.login.config","C:/gsnxst/deploy/conf/login.config");

Write this piece of code before instantiating the LoginContext, in your standalone java program.

anonymous wrote : I do not want to edit the conf/login-config.xml file in JBoss app server's path. So my Q is, is there a way I can configure my custom LoginModule without ever needing to edit the conf/login-config.xml in Jboss's path? Can I somehow provide an additional login-config.xml inside my application's path? Or is there some other way to configure the custom LoginModule so that the configuration remains completely inside the application and does not affect any of the default configuration files for the JBoss app server?

As far as i know, there is no other option for this. You will have to edit the login-config.xml shipped by JBoss

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977121#3977121

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977121