[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Q about login config

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 10 01:33:18 EDT 2006

anonymous wrote : I do not want to edit the conf/login-config.xml file in JBoss app server's path. So my Q is, is there a way I can configure my custom LoginModule without ever needing to edit the conf/login-config.xml in Jboss's path? Can I somehow provide an additional login-config.xml inside my application's path? Or is there some other way to configure the custom LoginModule so that the configuration remains completely inside the application and does not affect any of the default configuration files for the JBoss app server?

Just had  a look at the JBoss source code. Looks like you can achieve this programatically. There's a MBean named XMLLoginConfigMBean. This has the following method:

 /** Add an application login configuration. Any existing configuration for
  |     the given appName will be replaced.
  |     */
  |    public void addAppConfig(String appName, AppConfigurationEntry[] entries);

You can get the reference of this MBean programatically and invoke this method by passing the appropriate parameters. You need NOT maintain your own file containing the Login configurations.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977123#3977123

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977123