[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - JDBCCacheLoader not working with POJOCache

TVFJ5F! do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 10 04:55:27 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have configured JDBCCacheLoader with POJOCache , but the CacheLoader is not persisting the cache in the database.
My Jboss Cache version is 1.4. And I am using MySQL as database.

The configuration code is as follows:

                <!-- if passivation is true, only the first cache loader is used; the rest are ignored -->
                <!-- Enabling the activation\passivation -->
                true
                <!-- comma delimited FQNs to preload -->
                /
                <!-- are the cache loaders shared in a cluster? -->
                false

                <!-- we can now have multiple cache loaders, which get chained -->
                <!-- the 'cacheloader' element may be repeated -->

                    org.jboss.cache.loader.JDBCCacheLoader
                    <!-- same as the old CacheLoaderConfig attribute -->

                        cache.jdbc.table.name=jbosscache
                        cache.jdbc.table.create=true
                        cache.jdbc.table.drop=false
                        cache.jdbc.table.primarykey=jbosscache_pk
                        cache.jdbc.fqn.column=fqn
                        cache.jdbc.fqn.type=varchar(255)
                        cache.jdbc.node.column=node
                        cache.jdbc.node.type=longblob
                        cache.jdbc.parent.column=parent
                        cache.jdbc.driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
                        cache.jdbc.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/tg_schema
                        cache.jdbc.user=root
                        cache.jdbc.password=passw0rd#

                    <!-- whether the cache loader writes are asynchronous -->
                    false
                    <!-- only one cache loader in the chain may set fetchPersistentState to true.
                        An exception is thrown if more than one cache loader sets this to true. -->
                    true
                    <!-- determines whether this cache loader ignores writes - defaults to false. -->
                    true
                    <!-- if set to true, purges the contents of this cache loader when the cache starts up.
                    Defaults to false.  -->
                    false

The cacheable objects are serializable.

The code for building the cache is :

private PojoCache pojoCache;
pojoCache.putObject(fqn,cacheObj);

I am able to build the cache but CacheLoader is not persisting it in the database. I am not getting any clue as whree could things go wrong.

P.S.  Instead of PojoCache's putObject if I use TreeCache's put method.

i.e.

pojoCache.put(fqn,regionName ,cacheObj);

then the persistence happens.  Does this mean that org.jboss.cache.aop.PojoCache does not support CacheLoaders.

Please help.

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977156#3977156

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977156