[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Problem with inherited fields using the load-time instrument

nogator do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 10 05:37:39 EDT 2006

Hi

I am using PojoCache version 1.4.0 "Jalapeno".
I run with java JDK 5.0.

The Object I insert into the Cache is of class: "User".
"User" is a sub-class of class"Person".
Class Person has 2 fields "FirstName" and "LastName".

For preparing the objects to instrumentation I use the Annotation method (possible with JDK 5.0).

For the weaving stage, I have tried both the compile-time and load-time methods.

The compile-time method worked fine and all fields (including inherited "FirstName" and "LastName" fields) were passed to other members in the cluster.

However, when I tried using the load-time weaving, I encountered the following problem: All attributes from class "User" have been sent successfully to other members in the cluster but inherited fields ("FirstName" and "LastName") were not sent.

To make sure, I checked this using ethereal. My checks confirmed this.
I have seen updates sent to the cluster on all fields of "User" and no inherited "Person" fields.

Does anyone know what can cause this problem? is this a known bug?

I would appreciate any information on the subject.

Thanks
Noga

Btw, i tried all possible Annotations combination on classes "User" and "Person". no combination changed the situation.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977172#3977172

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977172