[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Fresh install throws startup error

stevetee do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 10 12:51:54 EDT 2006

Mea Culpa.I had initially downloaded jboss-4.0.4.GA.zip and unzipped it into place before I saw the "patch1" label on the binary version. I deleted the install, downloaded  jboss-4.0.4.GA-Patch1-installer.jar and ran the installer to completion. Only the zip version is left on my box hence the error.

The installer options I refer to are listed in  InstallerSummary.html in the root directory.

I've uninstalled the offending copy and reinstalled again using the installer jar. I now have a jar file called in jboss-remoting-int.jar in server/default/lib.

The server boots without error and I can connect to the console.  My install options were on both occasions : default, no isolation/call-by-value, full security on JMX/Web interfaces.

Thanks for the finger...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977307#3977307

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977307