[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - WebLogic to JBoss conversion - EJB Client jar file?

jrjarrett do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 10 16:00:35 EDT 2006

I am porting an app from WebLogic 8.1 to JBoss.  The app uses EJB 2.0.

The application is deployed as an EAR containing the business logic and a WAR contatining the presentation layer.

Under WebLogic, we used the ejbgen tool to create the deployment descriptors, Home and Remote interfaces, as well as an ejbgen annotation -- @ejbgen:jar-settings -- that created a client JAR file that included the Home and Remote interface classes plus most of the dependent classes (classes used as parameters to the exposed EJB methods).

I have sucessfully switched out ejbgen for XDoclet's ejbdoclet annotations to generate the deployment descriptors and Home and Remote  interfaces.

I'm making a weak hack at trying to gather up the right classes by hand for a client jar file to build into the user interface WAR file.  It's ugly and fragile.

Is there another tool that does what ejbgen does that is not WebLogic specific?  How do other application assemblers deal with this issue?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977357#3977357

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977357