[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Is the 4.0.4.GA org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler single t

fkhan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 10 17:23:51 EDT 2006

We use org.jboss.varia.scheduler.Scheduler to invoke variable intervaled background processes on our server, the goal is that the processes will seamless interleave because they are mutually independent.  However looking through the logs it seems that the processes are blocking each other, only one at a time is ever invoked even though some are scheduled to occur at the same time.  Also if one of the scheduled processes hangs none of the other scheduled processes are executed till the hung process dies.  All the processes are run off the Timer-3 thread regardless if the Schedulers are created in the same or different SARs.

It seems  this service is single threaded and multi-threaded behavior is not possible with it, am I correct?

Jboss 4.0.4.GA

-fazle

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977375#3977375

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977375