[jboss-user] [JBoss Eclipse IDE (users)] - create a simple EJB 3.0 application

weiming do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 11 04:35:32 EDT 2006

I just wonder how to create an EJB3 application on eclipse. I have installed  JBoss 4.0.4, Eclipse 3.2, JBoss Eclipse IDE 1.6 GA with patch.

I tried to use eclipse embeded EJB 3.0 framework, so I clicked File->New->Project. In the Wizard, I chose EJB 3.0 ->EJB 3.0 Project, and clicked Next. I input "Calculator" as project name, then clicked "create a JBoss configration" in Select a JBoss configuration section. Because I installed JBoss 4.0.4 in D:\JBOSS_HOME, I createed a new configration under JBoss 4.0.x, and choose D:\JBOSS_HOME\4.0.4 as Home Directory. As I created a folder "myapp" based on "default" in JBoss deploy folder, I chose myapp as Server Configuration (actually, it doesn't matter if I chose default or myapp). Notice, I set jdk1.5.0._07 as Runtime JRE in JDK tag, becase tools.jar in its lib folder . Everything seems going well so far. However, when I click Finish in Select a JBoss configuration window, an EJB3 Tools-Error popped up: "The selected configuration (New_configration) does not contain the expected EJB3 libraries. Please install JBoss with EJB3 enabled or try another configuration".
Can anyone tell me how to fix this error please?

Regards
Weiming Chen

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977460#3977460

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977460