[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam Remoting und JMS Topic subscription questions.

appendix do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 11 05:11:52 EDT 2006

I'm having a seam page, which should invoke an action, whenever a JMS message is published to a topic as described in the reference manual.
I followed the examples and got the page to invoke a javascript callback method, whenever a message is published after the page has subscribed to the topic.

Currently the subscribtion is done on page load. This leads to two issues:

1) Whenever the page is re-rendered (e.g. after a button is clicked), the page subscribes to the topic again and more importantly as a new listener (new polling token).
So when a message is sent to the topic in an action method of the same page the message is lost (and the callback method is never invoked).

2) The subscribers are piling up on the topic as verifiable by invoking listSubscriptionsAsText() on the topic bean in the JMX console.

So finally, I'd like to ask, if anyone has some ideas on how to solve this issues or could give me any pointers.
How could a subscription be made page scoped and not request scoped?
How could I unsubscribe from a topic whenever the page is closed?

Additionally I've realized that the subscriptions are done in a non-durable fashion. Is it possible to subscribe as a durable listener?

Thanks for any hints,

	Kurt

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977472#3977472

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977472