[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - URL problems using Apache, JBoss, mod_jk

mlriggins do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 11 08:26:42 EDT 2006

Hello,

I hope someone can help.  I'm very new at this and I am still trying to
figure out what I am doing.

I have configured Apache on Machine 1 and JBoss on Machine 2 using
mod_jk.  After much trial and error, I finally got things working.  I
have a war file that exists on Machine 2 that I need to use for my site
named Corporate.war.  However, when I attempt to access my url
www.example.com from the internet I get an error.  When I use the url
www.example.com/Corporate the site opens just fine.  How do I tell
Apache to open the site using www.example.com?  I have made numerous
changes to the VirtualHost in httpd.conf to no avail.

Another problem I am having is that my site is not displaying static
images located on Machine 2.  Those images are not located in the same
directory as the DocumentRoot, they are back one directory.

Basic VirtualHost I am using:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName www.example.com
    ServerAdmin a... at mycompany.com
    DocumentRoot 'C:\jboss-4.0.1RC2\server\default\deploy'
        JkMount /*.war loadbalancer
        JkMount /Corporate loadbalancer
        JkMount /Corporate/* loadbalancer
        JkMount /*.jsp loadbalancer
        JkMount /servlet/* loadbalancer
    ErrorLog logs/example.com-error.log
    CustomLog logs/example.com-access.log common

Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions.

Monica

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977511#3977511

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977511