[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Hibernate/Cache conceptual mismatch

steve.ebersole@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 11 10:31:35 EDT 2006

Owen: (1) What is your deliniation of "put" and "update"?  (2) I don't follow how a put could result in a dirty read...

Another possibility to consider is an "intention lock" where we temporarily lock a node for the duration of the read/putFromExternalRead cycle.  This would guarentee two threads from attempting the same process.  This would be instead of #2...

So what was the reason for forcing asynch replication?  Why not synch?  I did not follow where that came in at.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977561#3977561

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977561