[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Task Nodes - conditionally create tasks?

cpob do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 11 11:04:03 EDT 2006

"Olivier_Debels" wrote : "cpob" wrote :
  |   | Making the change to support the AUTOCREATE column is far simpler than creating an optional task node.  All that is needed is the if..statement in TaskNode's execute method and then support for the new column in the mapping/etc.
  |
  | Yep, I agree.
  |
  | I this also useable if you want to create 2 mandatory and 3 optional instances of the same task def?

Yes, that is what we would be using it for.  It would allow the task to control it's fate for creation.

"Olivier_Debels" wrote : And what if the task def is not defined in a task node?  I don't think a ref to task defs is possible.

  | Just wandering if the task/task node link as it exists now can' t be extended.

Not sure if I follow you with this one.  If a task def is not linked to a task node, it would just be the process task like we talked about.  It would still be created (if using our flag idea) conditionally, depending on if the user creates the instances, or a task event, etc.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977578#3977578

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977578