[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: IllegalStateException: No active application scope

neill_robbins do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 11 19:19:46 EDT 2006

Christophe,

I don't know if you are still having this problem, but I also managed to get it.

The problem arose because I had both the JSF RI and the MyFaces api and impl jars in my webb app WEB-INF/lib

I'm guessing therefore that it was a classpath issue.

If you have the same situation, remove one set of Faces implementations from your war (making sure that the web.xml using the right context loader listener) and you should be OK.

I have tested on JSF RI 1.2_02.b03 (i.e. remove the MyFaces impl) and it worked ok for me after that.  Note I also had jbossHasMyFacesLifecycleBug set to false.

Good luck!

Regards
Neill

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977730#3977730