[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: WS-Eventing - sending notification

palin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 12 04:51:19 EDT 2006

"artem_spector" wrote : Something is unclear to me after reading the user guide:

  | 1. Notification payload:
  |     The example shows the payload creation via parsing some xml string - is there a better way to do it?

I think you can create that xml string the way you prefer, it doesn't matter how you do it as long as what you get is in compliance with the schema you provided in you wsdl; for example, we create it on the fly using jdom.

"artem_spector" wrote : 2. The notification endpoint definition:
  |     It should be described by some wsdl?
  |     Should the notification endpoint wsdl and the event source wsdl share the same data type definition of the payload?
  |     Should the notification enpoint port definition be same as the event source port definition?

As far as I understood from ws-eventing specs (http://www.w3.org/Submission/WS-Eventing) no specific wsdl is required for the notification endpoint since all you need to know is already written in the eventing wsdl (i.e. sysmon.wsdl in jbossws eventing examples). The notification endpoint has to be able to process a soap message containing an xml in compliance with the data type schema defined in the wsdl, nothing more (see chapter 4 of w3c specifications).

Alessio Soldano
http://www.javalinux.it/blogs

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977804#3977804

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977804