[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: How to create Cutom SoapException

kapil.singhal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 12 09:25:04 EDT 2006

I want to fill in SOAPFault with meaningful details.
The SOAPFault contains the following:
- FaultCode
- FaultActor
- FaultString
- Detail

I can fill-in most of the elements except the Detail object. This Detail object has the ability to contain a XML node, where I want to pass some of the details specific to the exception.

Please refer to class "org.jboss.ws.jaxrpc.SOAPFaultExceptionHelper", which constructs a  "javax.xml.rpc.soap.SOAPFaultException" from our exception that we are throwing from the service.

If you look at the implementation of SOAPFaultExceptionHelper, you find that the Actor and Detail object are passed as null. As a result of this my client cannot get additional details, which I want to convey.

Please suggest me a way that I can fill meaningful values in the SOAPFault which I want to throw from the server side. As in this case the same exception will be conveyed as it is.

Regards,
Kapil

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3977873#3977873

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3977873