[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Remote access error (in the most simple situation, why?);

lmierzej do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 12 17:20:55 EDT 2006

Hi,
I have a problem, which I can't solve :( Help really appreciated.

I'm using JBoss 4.0.4.GA-Patch1 (EJB 3.0)

>From JSF backing bean in bgsw.ear I'm trying to access session bean in bgsc.ear (remote access, the same JBoss server).

Invoking from bgsw.ear, JSF backing bean - Test.java

  | InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext();
  | BoardGamesServiceFacade bgsf = (BoardGamesServiceFacade) ctx
  | 			.lookup(BoardGamesServiceFacade.class.getName());
  | bgsf.test();

Trying to reach bgsc.ear, session's bean interface - BoardGamesServiceFacade.java (interface)

  | @Remote
  | public interface BoardGamesServiceFacade {
  |         public int test();
  | }

BoardGamesServiceFacadeBean.java (class implementing interface)

  | @Stateless
  | public class BoardGamesServiceFacadeBean implements BoardGamesServiceFacade {
  |
  | 	public int test() {
  | 		System.out.println("Ok!");
  | 		return 0;
  | 	}
  | }

I really have no idea how to pass to JSF backing bean Test.java in bgsw.ear the definition of BoardGamesServiceFacade.java from bgsc.ear?

>From JSF backing bean Test.java in bgsw.ear I'm trying to access BoardGamesServiceFacade.java from bgsc.ear, so I need this definition.

I have copied to bgsw.ear "incomplete" BoardGamesServiceFacade.java

  | //!NO @Remote annotation!
  | public interface BoardGamesServiceFacade {
  |         public int test();
  | }

I feel that it's terribly stupid thing to do :( Should I creat some stub from BoardGamesServiceFacade.java from bgsc.ear?

Anyway I'm getting this error when trying to run:

  | javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: lmierzej.bgsc.businessMethods.BoardGamesServiceFacade not bound

jmx-console says:

  | |   +- BoardGamesServiceFacadeBean (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
  | |   |   +- local (proxy: $Proxy363 implements interface lmierzej.bgsc.businessMethods.BoardGamesServiceFacade,interface org.jboss.ejb3.JBossProxy,interface javax.ejb.EJBLocalObject)
  | |   +- BoardGamesServiceBean (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)

Does this mean it's local not remote interface bound? Why?

Could You please point me to proper solution?
Is there any good tutorial/example showing remote access (EJB 3.0)?

Thank you for Your help and time.
lmierzej

P.S. Sorry for my english...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978014#3978014