[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - About Events (Observer/Observable pattern)

rlhr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 13 06:24:24 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have a SFSB that I use to hold states in a pageflow. It resides in the conversation scope. Now I have a SLSB that I use to upload files.
What I try to achieve is that I want to decouple the uploading process from the the conversational flow (as file uploading should not be tigth to that particular flow).
So in the SFSB I implemented a methods like this:

@Observer("newUpload")
  | public void onUploadEvent() {
  | }

Then the upload method of the upload SLSB calls:

events.raiseEvent("newUpload");

after the upload is done.

The onUploadEvent() methods of the SFSB is called but it is not the instance of the SFSB in the conversation scope. It seems that another SFSB is instantiated and its method called.

It is not clear in the doc if the Events framework is only for Stateless bean or not. When an event is raised, does the event manager looks up in the differents scopes to find instances of already created components, or just instantiate a new one?

If I'm not supposed to use the events with a stateful bean, then what would be the best approach to implement the behaviour I descibed?

Thanks,

Richard

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978120#3978120

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978120