[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Pure message style SOAP exchange

giusarno do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 13 07:03:37 EDT 2006

Hi,
I would like to have a simple WS where I can send different XML documents (starting with a different root element) using the same SOAP channel.

I basically want to implement a simple and generic SOAP XML doc exchange interface.

I looked at the documentation and I thought Messaging style did for me.
But when I looked at the conf file I noticed that we still need to specify the root element for the incoming message and for the return message.

1 question: Why it is so ? if the either the sender and the responder implements method that do not care about the content ?

  |  <operation name="processElement" return-xml-name="Response">
  |           <parameter type="javax.xml.soap.SOAPElement" xml-name="Order"/>
  |         </operation>
  |       </service>
  |

  | public interface MessageTestService extends Remote
  |     {
  |        public Element processElement(Element msg) throws RemoteException;
  |     }

2 question: How can I solve my problem with JbossWS? is it possible ?

Can anyone please help on this  ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978124#3978124

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978124