[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - It works but I don't know why!

c-e do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 13 10:22:34 EDT 2006

Hi,

please help me with a technical question:
Does JBoss automatically wrap a Driver object into a Datasource?

In "mysql-ds" I specify the jndi-name and the driver for a database:

<jndi-name>/j2ee</jndi-name>
<connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/j2ee</connection-url>
<driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>

But in a servlet I can do this:
ds = (DataSource)cxt.lookup("java:j2ee")

That is, the lookup returns a datasource, although the Driver specified in "mysql-ds" does not implement that interface!

That leads me to the question:
Does JBoss automatically wrap a Driver object into a Datasource object?
If yes, where can I find any documentation for this behavior?

Thanks for any hints
Christian

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978155#3978155

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978155