[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - close request and send response for big file upload

pknepper do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 13 13:14:20 EDT 2006

Using JBoss 4.0.2 w/ embedded tomcat

I'm trying to limit the max size for file uploads when processing mulitpart/form-data request.

When the request comes into the servlet I check the content length and if it's too big then I try to close the request input stream and send the response imediately by calling response flush and close.

The problem is the browser (both IE 6 and Firefox 1.5) keep sending all the bytes for the request and doesn't process the response until the request has totally been sent.  I verified this using the Carles Web Proxy Debugging tool, http://www.xk72.com/charles/.

Any ideas on how to handle this properly?

Thanks,
Paul

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978233#3978233

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978233