[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - @Out and default ScopeType

andrew.rw.robinson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 13 15:08:27 EDT 2006

I have a question regarding @Out and its use without the scope parameter.

JavaDoc:

ScopeType.UNSPECIFIED: Indicates that the scope is implied.

So, I assumed wrongly that this would use the scope of the managed bean that it is in:

@Name("mybean")
  | @Scope(ScopeType.CONVERSATION)
  | public class MyBean
  | {
  |   @Out(required=false, value="someJsfName")
  |   private SomeObject myobject;
  | }

I thought that given the JavaDoc that "someJsfName" should be stored in the conversation, but it doesn't seem to be. When I posted back, the variable was not set in the APPLY_REQUEST_VALUES phase. This leads me to think the default is acually EVENT in behavior. When I explicitly set "scope=ScopeType.CONVERSATION" it worked fine.

The documentation on the @Out attribute doesn't really say what the default is.

What is the bevaiour, and if I may suggest, can this be updated in the documentation (both JavaDoc and the manual)?

Thanks,
Andrew

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978270#3978270

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978270