[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Problem getting out of a join

GrimShieldsson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Oct 14 03:05:04 EDT 2006

The start task splits into three task nodes.   Two (the right side) of the task nodes transition to a join.  That join then immediately splits into 3 task nodes.  The single task node splits into 5 task nodes.
There's some more splitting and joining, but my problem is when the two join, and then split.
In the process definition below, the left side follows the PM-? task nodes while the right side follows the BPM-? task nodes.
My problem is that the process gets stuck in Join 2, it gets there but never leaves.  The left side continues on, and Join-5 keeps on going, even though it should be waiting on the BPM-? execution path fo finish.   However, even though PM-15 is exited, and the end-task is entered, the process isn't finished.
When I run it with the PM-? paths commented out, it runs just fine.  It runs just fine when I have the BPM-? commented out.  I've even tried to put a task-node in between Join-2 and Fork-2, but that didn't help.. it never left Join-2.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<process-definition name="Mini-IM" xmlns="urn:jbpm.org:jpdl-3.1"
	xsi:schemaLocation="urn:jbpm.org:jpdl-3.1 urn:jbpm.org:jpdl-3.1 ">

	<exception-handler>

	</exception-handler>

	<start-state name="Project Starts">

				<variable name="projectName" access="read,write"
					mapped-name="projectName" />
				<variable name="projectNumber" access="read,write"
					mapped-name="projectNumber" />
				<variable name="projectDescription" access="read,write"
					mapped-name="projectDescription" />

			<assignment
				class="com.wellsfargo.im.jbpm.handlers.AssignmentHandler"
				config-type="field">

					ProjectManager

	</start-state>

	<task-node name="PM-1">