[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: problem in a simple seam application

mnrz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 16 01:32:40 EDT 2006

Hi Gavin,

as you said to post the logs, here is the exception stack trace.

the thing I want to say is that dusing the Tomcat startup there is no exception and everything is ok and embedded Ejb start fine but when I click on the button to submit the form this exception throws:

This is the startup log:

> [...]
  | rg.jboss.seam.core.UiComponent
  | (seam.Component                      94  ) Component: org.jboss.seam.remoting.messaging.subscriptionRegistry,
  | scope: APPLICATION, type: JAVA_BEAN, class: org.jboss.seam.remoting.messaging.SubscriptionRegistry
  | (seam.Component                      94  ) Component: pojoCache, scope: APPLICATION, type: JAVA_BEAN, class: o
  | rg.jboss.seam.core.PojoCache
  | (seam.Component                      94  ) Component: org.jboss.seam.core.ejb, scope: APPLICATION, type: JAVA_
  | BEAN, class: org.jboss.seam.core.Ejb
  | (deployment.Scanner                  94  ) scanning: /E:/Tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9/webapps/registration/WEB-
  | INF/lib/registration-web.jar
  | (seam.Component                      94  ) Component: user, scope: SESSION, type: ENTITY_BEAN, class: com.seam
  | .dto.User
  | (seam.Component                      94  ) Component: register, scope: CONVERSATION, type: STATEFUL_SESSION_BE
  | AN, class: com.seam.web.action.RegisterAction, JNDI: RegisterAction/local
  | (core.Ejb                            94  ) starting the embedded EJB container
  | (xml.BeanSchemaBinding               227 ) You should use the 2.0 version of the Microcontainer xml. xmlns='ur
  | n:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0'
  | (local.LocalTxDataSource             117 ) Bound datasource to JNDI name 'java:/DefaultDS'
  | (local.LocalTxDataSource             117 ) Bound datasource to JNDI name 'jdbc:/testDatasource'
  | (ejb3.Ejb3DescriptorHandler          1699) adding class annotation org.jboss.annotation.internal.DefaultInterc
  | eptorMarker to com.seam.web.action.RegisterAction org.jboss.annotation.internal.DefaultInterceptorMarkerImpl at 1
  | 664f1a
  | (ejb3.Ejb3Deployment                 467 ) EJB3 deployment time took: 1438
  | (ejb3.MCKernelAbstraction            84  ) installing bean: persistence.units:jar=registration-web.jar,unitNam
  | e=testDatabase with dependencies:
  | (ejb3.MCKernelAbstraction            87  )      AbstractDependencyMetaData at f4e6d{dependency=jdbc:/testDatasour
  | ce}
  | (ejb3.MCKernelAbstraction            84  ) installing bean: jboss.j2ee:jar=registration-web,name=RegisterActio
  | n,service=EJB3 with dependencies:
  | (ejb3.MCKernelAbstraction            87  )      AbstractDependencyMetaData at 1d4f279{dependency=persistence.unit
  | s:jar=registration-web.jar,unitName=testDatabase}
  | (init.Initialization                 94  ) done initializing Seam
  | (http11.Http11Protocol               94  ) Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-80
  | (common.ChannelSocket                94  ) JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
  | (server.JkMain                       94  ) Jk running ID=0 time=0/250  config=null
  | (storeconfig.StoreLoader             94  ) Find registry server-registry.xml at classpath resource
  | (startup.Catalina                    94  ) Server startup in 37235 ms

and this is when form is submitting :

> [...]
  |         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
  |         at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
  |         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
  |         at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
  |         at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
  |         at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.ja
  | va:744)
  |         at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
  |         at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
  |         at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
  |         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
  | Caused by: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: Exception while invoking expression #{register.register}
  |         at org.apache.myfaces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke(MethodBindingImpl.java:165)
  |         at org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:63)
  |         ... 26 more
  | Caused by: org.jboss.seam.InstantiationException: Could not instantiate Seam component: register
  |         at org.jboss.seam.Component.newInstance(Component.java:735)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.Component.newInstance(Component.java:1308)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.Component.getInstance(Component.java:1263)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.Component.getInstance(Component.java:1246)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamVariableResolver.resolveVariable(SeamVariableResolver.java:44)
  |         at org.apache.myfaces.config.LastVariableResolverInChain.resolveVariable(LastVariableResolverInChain.j
  | ava:42)
  |         at org.apache.myfaces.el.ValueBindingImpl$ELVariableResolver.resolveVariable(ValueBindingImpl.java:574
  | )
  |         at org.apache.commons.el.NamedValue.evaluate(NamedValue.java:124)
  |         at org.apache.myfaces.el.ValueBindingImpl.resolveToBaseAndProperty(ValueBindingImpl.java:455)
  |         at org.apache.myfaces.el.MethodBindingImpl.resolveToBaseAndProperty(MethodBindingImpl.java:180)
  |         at org.apache.myfaces.el.MethodBindingImpl.invoke(MethodBindingImpl.java:114)
  |         ... 27 more
  | Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: RegisterAction not bound
  |         at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:529)
  |         at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:537)
  |         at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:543)
  |         at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:267)
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:626)
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:588)
  |         at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.Component.instantiate(Component.java:774)
  |         at org.jboss.seam.Component.newInstance(Component.java:731)

and web.xml for more info:

  | 	<!-- Seam -->
  |
  | 	<listener>
  | 		<listener-class>
  | 			org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamListener
  | 		</listener-class>
  | 	</listener>
  |
  | 	<!-- MyFaces -->
  | 	<listener>
  | 		<listener-class>
  | 			org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
  | 		</listener-class>
  | 	</listener>
  |
  | 	<!-- JSF RI -->
  | 	<!--
  | 		<listener>
  | 		<listener-class>com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener</listener-class>
  | 		</listener>
  | 	-->
  |
  | 	<!-- Propagate conversations across redirects -->
  | 	<filter>
  | 		<filter-name>Seam Redirect Filter</filter-name>
  | 		<filter-class>
  | 			org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamRedirectFilter
  | 		</filter-class>
  | 	</filter>
  |
  | 	<filter>
  | 		<filter-name>Seam Exception Filter</filter-name>
  | 		<filter-class>
  | 			org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamExceptionFilter
  | 		</filter-class>
  | 	</filter>
  |
  | 	<filter-mapping>
  | 		<filter-name>Seam Redirect Filter</filter-name>
  | 		<url-pattern>*.seam</url-pattern>
  | 	</filter-mapping>
  |
  | 	<filter-mapping>
  | 		<filter-name>Seam Exception Filter</filter-name>
  | 		<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  | 	</filter-mapping>
  |
  | 	<!--
  | 	<resource-ref>
  | 		<res-ref-name>testDatasource</res-ref-name>
  | 		<res-type>java.sql.Datasource</res-type>
  | 		<res-auth>Container</res-auth>
  | 	</resource-ref>
  | 	-->
  |
  | 	<context-param>
  | 		<param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
  | 		<param-value>client</param-value>
  | 	</context-param>
  |
  | 	<servlet>
  | 		<servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
  | 		<servlet-class>javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet</servlet-class>
  | 		<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  | 	</servlet>
  |
  | 	<!-- Faces Servlet Mapping -->
  | 	<servlet-mapping>
  | 		<servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
  | 		<url-pattern>*.seam</url-pattern>
  | 	</servlet-mapping>

and another thing is, I put application.xml, ejb-jar.xml, jboss-app.xml, jboss-beans.xml and persistence.xml in my application jar file (registration.jar), however, may be some of them are useless and function only in JBoss.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978436#3978436

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978436