[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam Remoting und JMS Topic subscription questions.

sbryzak2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 16 06:57:57 EDT 2006

Seam.Remoting.subscribe() sends an asynchronous request to the server, which means you're not guaranteed to have a token in the subscription registry by the time your page gets to the script at the bottom of the page.

I suggested putting the code to set the token inside your callback method, because it is synchronous with the subscription request.  However if your callback method isn't being called before the page is refreshed (because you haven't received any messages during that time) then you can override SeamRemote.subscriptionCallback() instead:

  |   <script type="text/javascript">
  |     var cb = SeamRemote.subscriptionCallback;
  |     SeamRemote.subscriptionCallback = function(doc) {
  |       cb(doc);
  |       document.getElementById('token').value = Seam.Remoting.subscriptionRegistry[0].token;
  |     }
  |   </script>
  |   }

Using setTimeout() is definitely not the way to do it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978487#3978487

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978487