[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Problem getting out of a join

GrimShieldsson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 16 12:03:21 EDT 2006

I figured out why I'm not getting out of Join 2, but I'm not sure what to do about it.  I think it's a bug in the way JBPM is designed, but it's entirely possible I don't understand something.  It's even likely :)

>From 4.3.2 Concurrent Executions I get:
anonymous wrote : The execution paths can be ordered hierarchically. Meaning that one root execution path is created when a new process execution is instantiated. When the root execution path is forked into multiple concurrent execution paths, the root is the parent and the newly created execution paths are all children of the root. This way, implementation of a join can become straightforward: the implementation of the join just has to verify if all sibling-execution-paths are already positioned in the join node. If that is the case, the parent execution path can resume execution leaving the join node.
The problem is that Join 2 is waiting for the sibling execution path from PM-1 to join it, and that is not what I want to happen.  The two execution paths join later in the process  (my example is a small part of the whole flow).  Clearly in this case Joind 2 does not want to wait for the PM-1 branch to finish.
Is this a design bug?  Or am I being dense?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978584#3978584

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978584