[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: How to lazily load collections?

michael.litherland do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 16 15:52:14 EDT 2006

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried two ways, most recently I'm doing this in an EJB stateless session bean:

  | public List<TdmAlerts> getAlertsFromEntity(MyEntity entity) {
  | entityManager.refresh(entity);
  | return entity.getTdmAlerts();
  | }

Previously I was just using this same bean to return the entity after doing an entityManager.find and within my JSF application wrapping the List returned from the entity in a ListDataModel for display in the JSP.  This worked before switching to LAZY.  Also, I'm not closing the session and I can't even find in the java doc how to do such a thing if I wanted to!  I've certainly hunted around for some clues on how to work within the session to bypass this problem.

Thanks again for the help.

Mike

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978625#3978625

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978625