[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Null HttpSession using JAAS

bjornn do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 17 11:36:22 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm using JAAS in my web app with the basic authentication. It worked fine, until I write a filter.

My filter asks for "request.getSession(false) != null" and make some session attribute binds if there is a session.

I'm having problems when the filter is called at first time, just after I provide the user and password to JAAS. At this moment, the request.getSession(false) return false.

Why? When the HttpSession object will be created?
Because there is no session, my filter do not bind the atributes, and several others things that ask for the attribute don't work too.

Please help me.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978827#3978827

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978827