[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: Message Driven Beans reading messages before Application

hannwei do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 17 23:41:36 EDT 2006

"genman" wrote : There should be a startDelivery and stopDelivery method someplace: http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/getting_started/v4/html/mdb.html

Is the description at that URL up-to-date?  I clicked the link:

  | jboss.j2ee
  |   - ear=aps.ear,jar=aps-ejb.jar,name=LocalReplyMDB,service=EJB3

Then I was shown:

  | MBean Java Class:	org.jboss.ejb3.ServiceDelegateWrapper
  |
  | List of MBean operations:
  | void start()
  | void create()
  | void jbossInternalLifecycle()
  | void stop()
  | void destroy()

There wasn't an operation named startDelivery().  I searched the JBoss source code, and found the operation is defined only in the class:

http://fisheye.jboss.org/browse/JBoss/jboss/src/main/org/jboss/ejb/plugins/jms/JMSContainerInvoker.java?r=1.74

Just to show that LocalReplyMDB above is an MDB:

  | @MessageDriven
  |   (activationConfig=
  |     {
  |       @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destinationType",
  |                                 propertyValue="javax.jms.Queue"),
  |       @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destination",
  |                                 propertyValue="queue/aps/localReply")
  |     }
  |   )
  | public class LocalReplyMDB
  |   implements MessageListener
  | {

Does it mean org.jboss.ejb3.ServiceDelegateWrapper used by the JMX console has erroneously left out startDelivery() and stopDelivery() when dealing with MDBs?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978943#3978943

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978943