[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Connection in Use Keeps going Up Jboss 4.0.4.GA Jboss 4.

wmprice do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 17 23:58:50 EDT 2006

I have no idea what you are talking about when you say 4.0.4c, there has never been such a release, there is no corresponding tag, and I am not sure what you are talking about.

The deployment issues you are seeing suggest that the Default datasource cannot be deployed and as a result, JMS cannot be deployed either. JMS depends on JDBC for message persistence. This is not a trivial error and generally suggests something is wrong with your JBoss installation. Did you modify the DefaultDS in any way?

My next question would be where does retrieveConnection occur? Servlet, EJB? By default you will not get connection close behavior (or logging) in a Serlvet, it has to be specifically enabled. For EJB's the ConnectionCacheInterceptor performs this task.

Have you enabled TRACE in your log4j.xml configuration?

anonymous wrote :
  | ' I have two hibernate applications running on this jboss which use same database but are running fine and aren't using JNDI pooling.

What does this mean? There is no such thing as 'JNDI pooling'.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978947#3978947

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978947