[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - PropertyNotFoundException exception with JSF binding

trouby do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 18 08:44:10 EDT 2006

Hey,

I have a list of objects that each object has a method named: 'getJsfPanelGridComponent' that returns an 'HtmlPanelGrid' initialized object.

This list is outjected by seam to the facelets view,

I iterate over this list with a normal 'datatable' tag, and I can see that the list gets iterated just fine.

Then when I try to bind into a 'panelGrid' jsf tag a property per iteration, I get the following error:

  | javax.faces.FacesException: javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: /sample.xhtml @77,83 binding="#{myIteratedObj.jsfPanelGridComponent}": Target Unreachable, identifier 'myIteratedObj' resolved to null

This is the code of the panelGrid tag I'm trying to bind per iteration:

  | <h:panelGrid column="2" binding="#{myIteratedObj.jsfValuesFormElements}"/>

If I do something like

  | <h:outputText value="#{myIteratedObj.jsfValuesFormElements}">

I can see that the it returns the 'HtmlPanelGrid' object just fine, like:

  | javax.faces.component.html.HtmlPanelGrid at 152942b
  | javax.faces.component.html.HtmlPanelGrid at 54cc39

What could be the problem? if the object is accessible to facelets why when I try to use 'bind' property I get a null exception on the object cannot be found?

Thanks guys,

Asaf.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979060#3979060

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3979060