[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: contactlist example not working on jboss with JSF 1.2 RI

cja987 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 18 15:19:11 EDT 2006

Positive.  In fact I forgot to set it back to true when I tried it with myFaces, and it still worked.

If the contactlist example works out of the box with the 1.2RI, then perhaps I'm configuring it wrong in jboss.  Here's what I did to run it:

*  cvs checkout and build seam

*  delete myfaces* from /c/jboss/server/default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/jsf-libs

*  copy jsf-api.jar and jsf-impl.jar from the RI to jsf-libs

*  copy el-api and el-ri.jar from seam/facelets/lib to jsf-libs

*  edit seam/build.properties to change the tomcat/jboss paths and change jbossHasMyFacesLifecycleBug to false

*  cd to examples/contactlist

*  edit resources/WEB-INF/web.xml to use the RI ConfigureListener instead of the myfaces one

*  edit resources/components.properties and verify that myFacesLifecycleBug is indeed false

*  edit build.xml to keep it from copying el-api and el-ri into the build's WEB-INF/lib (otherwise I get some nasty tracebacks about loader constraint violations)

*  ant deploy

*  navigate to http://localhost:8080/seam-contactlist/

*  click one of the contacts

*  see nothing but blank fields

Could the problem be related to having the EL stuff in jsf-libs and not the application?  I've never made it work the other way around -- I can paste that traceback if you want.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979186#3979186

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3979186