[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Bug with Compound Id that include a relathionship

siaroga do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 18 23:48:22 EDT 2006

Hey guys,
I've found a bug in the "Compound Primary Keys" implementation in JBoss/Hibernate EJB3. I've been able to reproduce this problem on JBoss 4.0.4GA and jboss-EJB-3.0_Embeddable_ALPHA_9. Current implementation generates extra field from compound key. This is an example from Sun's "The Java EE 5 Tutorial" http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/PersistenceEJB2.html

  | @IdClass(order.entity.LineItemKey.class)
  | @Entity
  | @Table(name = "EJB_ORDER_LINEITEM")
  | public class LineItem {
  |   @Id
  |   public int getItemId() {
  |     return itemId;
  |   }
  |   @Id
  |   @Column(name="ORDERID", nullable=false, insertable=false, updatable=false)
  |   public Integer getOrderId() {
  |     return orderId;
  |   }
  | }
  |
  | public final class LineItemKey implements  java.io.Serializable {
  |
  |   private Integer orderId;
  |   private int itemId;
  |     public Integer getOrderId() {
  |         return orderId;
  |     }
  | }

This generates following SQL in logs:

  | DEBUG [org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister]  Snapshot select: select lineitem_.orderId, lineitem_.itemId, lineitem_.ORDERID as ORDERID9_, lineitem_.quantity as quantity9_, lineitem_.VENDORPARTNUMBER as VENDORPA4_9_ from EJB_ORDER_LINEITEM lineitem_ where lineitem_.orderId=? and lineitem_.itemId=?
  | DEBUG [org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister]  Insert 0: insert into EJB_ORDER_LINEITEM (ORDERID, quantity, VENDORPARTNUMBER, orderId, itemId) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
  | DEBUG [org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister]  Update 0: update EJB_ORDER_LINEITEM set ORDERID=?, quantity=?, VENDORPARTNUMBER=? where orderId=? and itemId=?
  | DEBUG [org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister]  Delete 0: delete from EJB_ORDER_LINEITEM where orderId=? and itemId=?
  |
  | OR
  |
  | insert into EJB_ORDER_LINEITEM (ORDERID, quantity, VENDORPARTNUMBER, orderId, itemId) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?)

As you can see there are duplicationg columns: ORDERID from LineItem class and orderId from LineItemKey.
When I add @Column annotation to the LineItemKey:

  | public final class LineItemKey implements  java.io.Serializable {
  |
  |   private Integer orderId;
  |   private int itemId;
  |   @Column(name="ORDERID", nullable=false, insertable=false, updatable=false)
  |   public Integer getOrderId() {
  |     return orderId;
  |   }
  | }

I got exception:

  | org.hibernate.MappingException: Repeated column in mapping for entity: order.entity.LineItem column: ORDERID (should be mapped with insert="false" update="false")
  |         at org.hibernate.mapping.PersistentClass.checkColumnDuplication(PersistentClass.java:575)

I believe this is connected to Hibernate bug HBX-164 http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HBX-164
Should I file a bug to JBoss or Hibernate JIRA?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979240#3979240

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3979240