[jboss-user] Standalone client and JBoss 4.0.4.GA

Jonathan Voxendal jonathan.voxendal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 04:47:39 EDT 2006

Hi
I'm trying to get a standalone application to be able to access session
beans in my jboss 4.0.4.GA (build: CVSTag=JBoss_4_0_4_GA date=200605151000)
This is the code I'm using:

27: InitialContext ctx;
28: Properties env = new Properties();
29:
30: env.setProperty(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "user");
31: env.setProperty(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "password");
32: env.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "
org.jboss.security.jndi.JndiLoginInitialContextFactory");
33: env.setProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://localhost:1099");
34: ctx = new InitialContext(env);

When I execute it throws the following exception:

    at
org.jboss.security.jndi.SecurityAssociationActions$SetPrincipalInfoAction.run
(SecurityAssociationActions.java:51)
    at org.jboss.security.jndi.SecurityAssociationActions.setPrincipalInfo(
SecurityAssociationActions.java:62)
    at
org.jboss.security.jndi.JndiLoginInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(
JndiLoginInitialContextFactory.java:79)
    at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java
:667)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java
:247)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
    at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)
    at Utils.main(Utils.java:34)

The last line points at "ctx = new InitialContext(env);"

If I understand things correctly this has nothing todo with what user or
password I'm using since that check isn't made
before I actually call a method on a bean.

So, is there any configuration that has be made in JBoss to allow "external"
client to access the JNDI tree?

Thanks
Jonathan