[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Is there a Flat File Deployer?

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 19 14:01:29 EDT 2006

A deployer is intended for deploying things into JBoss.  So, any deployer will complain about file types like .log and .ctl that aren't meant to result in a deployment.  The ZipException is just a not very user-friendly way of the deployer saying "I don't know what to do with this file; as a last resort I tried to unzip it to see if anything I understood was inside and that failed too."

The Farm service is a specialized deployer and thus has the above behavior.  It is not intended for general purpose file replication.

One alternative is to use JBoss Cache.  There was a thread on the JBC user forum recently about this.  Idea is you convert the file into a byte[] and put it in the cache, which then replicates it.  Using JBC as a file replication service wasn't one of the core use cases for which JBC was designed, but it should work.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979439#3979439

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3979439