[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: how can I do optimistic locking with crud framework?

cja987 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 19 20:43:22 EDT 2006

I was going by the description of page actions in the seam docs, section 3.1.1

anonymous wrote :
  | The page action method can return a JSF outcome. If the outcome is non-null, Seam will delegate to the defined JSF navigation rules and a different view may end up being rendered.

I took that to mean that a null outcome meant that it would proceed to the "default" view (the one it would land on without a page action).

At any rate, using the propagation parameter looks like a much cleaner way of doing it than blank page actions (though it's usually not a bad place to stick application-level audit log messages).  Thanks for pointing it out (and for putting up with my endless questions).  You rock my small self-centered universe  :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979539#3979539

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3979539