[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Log4j error

emontana do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 20 04:58:40 EDT 2006

Hello again! I have followed the steps of the URL that you gave me. I modified conf/jboss-service.xml, renamed conf/log4j.xml to jboss-log4j.xml, dropped log4j from myapp.war/WEB-INF/lib/, I created an jboss-web.xml file because myapp didn't contain it.
Is the following one:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?>

  | <!DOCTYPE jboss-web
  |     PUBLIC "-//JBoss//DTD Web Application 2.3V2//EN"
  |     "http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss-web_3_2.dtd">
  |
  | <jboss-web>
  |  <class-loading java2ClassLoadingCompliance="false">
  |    <loader-repository>
  |       myapp:loader=myapp.war
  |       <loader-repository-config>java2ParentDelegation=false</loader-repository-config>
  |    </loader-repository>
  |  </class-loading>
  | </jboss-web>

I proved to create a new log4j.properties like this:
# Debug log4j
  | log4j.debug=true
  |
  | log4j.rootLogger=debug, myapp
  |
  | log4j.appender.myapp=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
  | log4j.appender.myapp.layout=org.apache.log4j.HTMLLayout
  | log4j.appender.myapp.layout.LocationInfo=true
  | log4j.appender.myapp.layout.Title='All' Log
  | log4j.appender.myapp.File=${jboss.server.home.dir}/deploy/myapp.war/WEB-INF/logs/myapp.html
  | log4j.appender.myapp.ImmediateFlush=true
  | log4j.appender.myapp.Append=false
and I also proved  to leave the original log4j.properties file, but neither tests work.
In the first test jboss seems to stop when it deploy myapp, and in the second I obtain:
ERROR: invalid console appender config detected, console stream is loopingShutting down

What can I do? I don't proved to convert log4j.properties to log4j.xml because I don't know how do it. If you could give some track me of like making it or URL where I could find it, I would thank you a lot.

Thanks in advance!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979591#3979591

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3979591