[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - NoClassDefFoundError when application deployed in ear

gubenc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 20 12:45:17 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have an application that works fine on JBoss when
the jar files are deployed separately but throws a NoClassDefFoundError when they are deployed in a .ear
file together. I studied the FAQ about this topic and I know
the Class-Path manifest header but I was not able to
solve my problem. I describe the content of my ear
file and the references between them.

  |   application.ear
  |      framework.jar
  |          (EJB Module, contains the remove interfaces too).
  |          Class-Path: plugin1.jar plugin2.jar framework.jar
  |      plugin1.jar
  |          (Utility classes)
  |          Class-Path: business-logic.jar
  |      plugin2.jar
  |          (Utility classes)
  |          Class-Path: business-logic.jar
  |      business-logic.jar
  |          (Utility classes)
  |          Class-Path: framework.jar

As you can see there are circular references between the jar files (i.e framework.jar - plugin1.jar - business-logic.jar - framework.jar). I suspect this could be the cause of the problem. Even an EJB module participates in a circle. Does the J2EE standard allow
such circular references between the jar files in an ear
file?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979695#3979695

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3979695