[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Any experiences with the Tomahawk components?

japplicoon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Oct 21 04:51:46 EDT 2006

"gavin.king at jboss.com" wrote :
  | Or, if you want to use Seam remoting, you don't need a JSF tag library, why not just use scriptaculous or dojo with Seam remoting?

My current problem is getting an HTML Editor setting one of my entity properties.
I just throw away my <t:inputHtml> tags in favour of using the dojoInitializer (ok, once again a sandbox component ...)  following the instructions in http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/WYSIWYG_Editor.

The editor displays and the editing works fine, but the bean's value isn't updated and the action command is never executed (which works fine if I replace the dojo-ized textarea with an <h:inputText>).  I also use Facelets (indeed, the textarea sits inside a facelets-tag xhtml), Trinidad and have the ajax4jsf Filter installed (but no ajax4jsf tags around on that particular page)

Do I have to dive into Dojo and set my entity bean property via Remoting?
Or is there another approach without Dojo  (and without t:inputHtml)?

Thanks again!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979780#3979780

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3979780