[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: totally weird error: org.hibernate.hql.ast.tree.FromClau

andydale do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 23 06:54:59 EDT 2006

I also had this problem after upgrading to the latest release of Hibernate (3.2.0GA).  I was experiencing the this exception when trying query a single table inheritence structure.

The following query did not work

  | Query tmpQuery = mEntityManager.createQuery("SELECT DISTINCT e.expression FROM TargetEntity " +
  |                 "t INNER JOIN t.expressionTargets e LEFT OUTER JOIN FETCH e.expression.restrictions r " +
  |                 "JOIN FETCH r.expressionTargets f JOIN FETCH f.targetEntity " +
  |                 "WHERE t.id = :pk AND e.expression.class = Rule").setParameter("pk", 1);

but the following one did

  | Query tmpQuery = mEntityManager.createQuery("SELECT DISTINCT e.expression FROM TargetEntity " +
  |                 "t INNER JOIN t.expressionTargets e LEFT OUTER JOIN FETCH e.expression.restrictions r " +
  |                 "JOIN FETCH r.expressionTargets f JOIN FETCH f.targetEntity " +
  |                 "WHERE t.id = :pk AND e.expression.class = 'rule'").setParameter("pk", 1);

I had to quote the discriminator value in the query, if this was not done it caused a NPE.

Cheers,

Andy

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979988#3979988

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3979988