[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: SonicMQ and JBossMQ on one AppServer

fhh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 23 07:21:02 EDT 2006

Hello!

Thanks for the replies!

1.) I use the Sonic glue classes from their web site. Not sure which technique these use but in theory these work fine. The only problem is that the (rather old) SonicMQ version 5.0.1 classes are JMS 1.0.2 only and the stuff under org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.* relies on JMS 1.1 in JBossAS 4.0.x.

This explains the exception very well: The adapter classes are linked against javax.jms.Connection v 1.1, but progress.message.jimpl.QueueConnection implements only 1.0.2 of the interface. Therefore the createSession method ist not implemented and hence abstract.

To fix the lack of the unified model is pretty trivial. There are about 30 errors in the code, almost all of which can be fixed by if-instanceofs. But there are also a few more tricky issues - namely the missing methods that do not have an equivalent in JMS 1.0.2.

Maybe the best approach will be to avoid calling these internally and throw a NotAvailableInJMS102 exception if these are called from outside. This would mean the offending classes would still have to be linked against 1.1.

I do not need any fancy stuff like XASessions because the migration to SonicMQ is planned for next year and I can do without till then. So an exception would be absolutely acceptable to me.

2.) I use a recent version of Sun's Java 1.5.0. Don't know which as I am not in office.

Regards

fhh

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3979998#3979998

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3979998