[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How to configure an embedded Ejb to connect to MySql not

mnrz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 23 08:33:02 EDT 2006

RESOLVED

after many toiling I could resolve the problem. it is something bizarre!!!

in the persistence.xml I put following property because I am using MySql:

  | <property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLDialect" />

but after googling and surfing many pages (maybe all the web ;) ) I found a document in german language and I could understands only its codes and I see they used following property with MySql Database connection:

  | <property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.HSQLDialect" />

and now it is working, I dont understand why we should use HSQLDialect rather than MySQLDialect whereas we are going to connect to mysql ???
if anyone knows I am looking forward to know as well.

I reply this to help the others that have or will have my problem.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980027#3980027

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980027