[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How to configure an embedded Ejb to connect to MySql not

baz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 23 09:38:04 EDT 2006

Hello,
First, try to not use autoReconnect
	<property name="connectionURL">
  | 			jdbc:mysql://192.168.0.157:3306/seamtest?autoReconnect=true&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF8
  |
>From the MySQL Connector/J documentation about autoReconnect:
anonymous wrote : The use of this feature is
  | not recommended, because it has side effects
  | related to session state and data consistency
  | when applications don'thandle SQLExceptions
  | properly, and is only designed to be used
  | when you are unable to configure your application
  | to handle SQLExceptions resulting from
  | dead andstale connections properly.
Second:
org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (org.jbo
  | ss.resourc
  | e.JBossResourceException: Apparently wrong driver class   specified for URL: class: com.mysql.jdbc.Dri
  | ver, url:
  |
  |                         jdbc:mysql://192.168.0.157:3306/seamtest?autoReconnect=true&useUnicode=true&characterE
  | ncoding=UTF8)

When yozu have to specify HSQLDialect  then there is something wrong with your configuration. Sorry i am not able to figure it out.
MySQL is running fine in my apps with dialect set to org.hibernate.dialect.MySQLInnoDBDialect.
Some suggestions:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980054#3980054

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980054