[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Is JBoss AS 4.0.5 official?

rlgoldman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 23 14:08:05 EDT 2006

Thank you for the guidance toward obtaining source, and compiling.  I was able to do it sucessfully.

One thing I'm noticing with JBoss 4.0.5.GA, in either the plain or EJB3 flavors, is that when I issue a Ctrl-C shutdown at the console (Win XP), I receive this message at the tail end of the shutdown:

12:54:38,089 INFO  [TomcatDeployer] undeploy, ctxPath=/jbossmq-httpil, warUrl=.../deploy-hasingleton/jms/jbossmq-httpil.sar/jbossmq-httpil.war/
#
# An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x7c918fea, pid=2968, tid=1580
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.5.0_09-b01 mixed mode)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [ntdll.dll+0x18fea]
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid2968.log
#
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
#
12:54:38,160 INFO  [DefaultPartition] Closing partition DefaultPartition
Terminate batch job (Y/N)?

Now, this seems to be true only for the "all" configuration ("default" doesn't do this), and it doesn't matter if I'm using the binaries provided on Sourceforge, or compiling my own.

Another note is that I'll also get this message when using the Hotspot -server vm switch.

Final note:  I've never seen this in 4.0.4.GA-Patch1 or earlier versions.

Is this anything (or pointing toward anything) I need to be concerned about, in your  opinions(s), when considering 4.0.5.GA for use in production?

Thank you very much.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980123#3980123

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980123