[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - NameNotFoundException for topic message bean

sjscabert do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 23 14:36:52 EDT 2006

I have an application working well in JBoss 3.2.3 that I'm attempting to get working in JBoss 4.0.4.GA, and am encountering this exception (abbreviated of course):

14:27:59,616 WARN  [JMSContainerInvoker] JMS provider failure detected for VNICTransProcessor
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: XAConnectionFactory not bound
        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:529)
        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:537)
        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:543)
        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:296)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:625)
        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:587)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
        at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.DLQHandler.createService(DLQHandler.java:182)
        at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalCreate(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:260)
        at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.create(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:188)
         .
         .

We're using a <no-tx-datasource> Sybase datasource, and a connection manager declared in sybase-jdbc2-service.xml as:

jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=jdbc/UasDS

This doesn't seem to be a problem, though we had been using the NoTxCM service in 3.2.3 - this doesn't work in 4.0.4 however.

MBean is declared this way in ejb-jar.xml:

    <message-driven>
        This is the VNIC Transaction Processor Bean
        <display-name>VNICTransProcessor</display-name>
        <ejb-name>VNICTransProcessor</ejb-name>
        <ejb-class>com.macom.wsbu.uas.nps.ejb.VNICTransProcessor</ejb-class>
        <message-driven-destination>
            <destination-type>javax.jms.Topic</destination-type>
            <subscription-durability>NonDurable</subscription-durability>
            <destination-jndi-name>topic/nasCTNotifyTopic</destination-jndi-name>
        </message-driven-destination>
        <acknowledge-mode>Auto-acknowledge</acknowledge-mode>
        <resource-ref>
                  <res-ref-name>DataSource</res-ref-name>
                  <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
        </resource-ref>
    </message-driven>

This mbean uses a non-XA datasource, so I don't understand why the XAConnectionFactory is being referenced.  I'm relatively new to JBoss, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, and all the best,

Shawn

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980133#3980133

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980133