[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: JBoss 4.0.5.GA: java.lang.NullPointerException: serialF

jarkko@jab.fi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 23 16:15:02 EDT 2006

Huh,
  I managed to make the system "work" by doing very uglyt hacking in SeamStateManager.java

  |     public void writeState(FacesContext ctx, SerializedView sv)
  | 	    throws IOException {
  |
  | 	{
  |
  | 	    ExternalContext extCtx = ctx.getExternalContext();
  | 	    Object serialFactoryObj = extCtx.getApplicationMap().get(
  | 		    StateUtils.SERIAL_FACTORY);
  |
  | 	    if (serialFactoryObj == null) {
  | 		SerialFactory serialFactory;
  | 		serialFactory = new DefaultSerialFactory();
  | 		extCtx.getApplicationMap().put(StateUtils.SERIAL_FACTORY,
  | 			serialFactory);
  | 	    }
  |
  | 	}
  | 	stateManager.writeState(ctx, sv);
  |     }

That is,  NO org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener configured in web.xml.

Maybe this is MyFaces bug, because in org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet has a lot of methods for all kind of initaliazation (like init() and initMyFaces()).  Especially interesting is the initMyFaces() which looks like replacement of StartupServletContextListener.initFaces(), but for portal/portlets. Somehow however,  i couldn't get the SERIAL_FACTORY hack work from initMyFaces() due to FacesContext being null.

I hope i'm not missing anything else (critical)  from StartupServletContextListener initalization if the MyFacesGenericPortlet is not working correclty.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3980183#3980183

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3980183